Apply using the UCT online application system
Things to note before applying online to UCT:
- You’ll need an email address to complete the application. Don’t have one?
- South African applicants will need an ID number. Foreign applicants will need their passport number.
- You will need to have registered for the NBTs before applying online.
- You will need to pay an application fee.
- Need accommodation? Make sure you mark this on your application form.
- Remember to check faculty-specific requirements before applying.
- Please note: Postgraduate applicants can only apply online.
The 2020 admission cycle is closed. We are not accepting late applications.
Applicants who need financial assistance must submit their applications on the NSFAS online application system. Applications are now open and close on 30 November 2019. Applications must be completed at http://www.nsfas.org.za/content/how-to-apply.html.
Postgraduate programmes containing coursework mostly close on 31 October, with the exception of a few programmes and faculties which start to close from May onward. Please refer to the 2021 Directions for Postgraduate Applicants for the relevant closing dates.
Applications for research-only postgraduate programmes do not close. Please select the year in which you wish to start your programme when applying.
SEMESTER STUDY ABROAD (SSA) APPLICANTS
The SSA programme is offered to international students who are pursuing a degree elsewhere and plan to study abroad at UCT for a semester or two for the purposes of international credit mobility. Upon completion of the UCT semester course-load, the credits can be transferred to their degree at their home university. SSA credits do not count toward a UCT qualification.
SSA application cycle:
First semester (which runs from late January to mid-June): applications open in the first week of August and close on 31 October of the preceding year.
Second semester (which runs from early July to late November): applications open in the second week of January and close on 30 April of the same year.
Please remember to submit your application as soon as possible after starting the online application.
Contact the University of Cape Town:
For more information on how to apply to UCT, you can visit their website.
Alternatively, you can contact the UCT Admissions Department using the following details:
Tel: 021 650 2128
More UCT Information