UCT Self Service
Once you have applied, you can check your application status using the log-in details supplied during the initial application process.
If you have any problems logging in, please consult the following document: Accessing PeopleSoft self-service for students.
Accessing PeopleSoft Self Service for Students
1. Important: Changing your password
The password assigned to you initially as an applicant to UCT is a temporary password. It will only allow a total of five logins to UCT systems. You MUST change
your password and maintain it yourself. Assistance is not provided for lost initial passwords Instructions regarding password changing, and setting up your own lost password helps are available at:
2. Error Messages when Attempting to Access PeopleSoft:
You may receive an error message when you attempt to log in to PeopleSoft. This is usually for one of four reasons:
1. You have used an incorrect user ID and/or password (you must use your UCT main campus network user ID and password. This is not the same as a GSB user ID and password)
2. You do not yet have a PeopleSoft self service user account.
3. Your PeopleSoft self service user account has been locked. This is typically related to your not being a current applicant or registered student, or your fee
account being in arrears, but there are other reasons for an account being locked
4. There is a technical problem, either with the UCT network, or the PeopleSoft system The following section deals with the error messages that you will receive and what you need to do.
Invalid User ID and/or Password: In cases 1 and 2 above, you will encounter the following error: